Thursday, 16 August 2012

One busy week!


I have had a pretty busy week or so. I had a driving lesson, helped with a housekeeping team, met a group of people from Kazakhstan, and drove home for a 45 minute drive, which is the furthest I have done so far.

I also went to see the new Spiderman at the cinema with my Dad, which brings a funny story. There is a part in the movie where he discovers a spider bit on the back of his neck, and thereafter begins to turn into a spider-man. So two nights after I went to watch the film, I woke up itching the back of my neck... to find a bite! I haven’t unravelled my web powers yet, or attempted flying, but who knows what time will bring!!
I attended a friend’s 17th birthday party on Friday afternoon, and stuffed myself with about 500 cakes.... still haven’t got to the gym to work it off yet.. :/ but we also watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is my favourite film, so that was cool :) Then that evening I went to a worship evening, something I love to do, but I was asked to do the words for the projection, which was very nerve-racking; something I have never done before and had no idea how to do. But it was simple really, so that was that.





Saturday was a gig at my local Costa coffee shop, of a local band to raise money for the Costa charity. I went with one of my best friends, Sam, who moved to London the next day, so it was a great send off as I am going to miss spending time and chatting with her! Good luck with all that Sam! Then on Sunday I went to church, had a lovely roast dinner, and played croquet for the first time ever, with an Italian friend, Davide, and my little ‘’sister’’ Brianna. It was the Olympics closing ceremony that night, but I was pretty disappointed with it, and so was Marco because there was no Adele!




Final paragraph I promise. Monday was a fairly normal day, no exciting neck bites or new found love for sports, but I watched Megamind which I LOVED, and had some good conversations about Germany and their weird school system with Marco :) Then on Tuesday, I had a pretty great day! First I passed my driving theory test – second time round – which isn’t the hardest part but I was still pretty happy about! Then I got to spend time with my darling friend Heather who I never see because she lives in Manchester, but we met for a brief drink at Starbucks, and of course a lot of laughter – it’s Heather! :)




Tuesday afternoon I had a haircut, got a right chop off which was kind of sad but it’s growing on me! And the sun came out too for a bit of a bathe! So yeah, it’s been an excellent week and a half so far. And it only got better with a sleepover with the brilliant German sister Damaris! Then on Wednesday I watched Fawlty Towers - classic! And then stayed up with 3 Germans: Marco, Max and Daniel, till 1:30am watching Transformers. It was a good day for watching movies! And the mission trip to Romania begins on tonight (Thursday) at midnight!! Summer is only half way through, and it’s going incredible so far! :D That’s all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment