Tuesday, 7 August 2012

2 weeks with Germans, my girls, and God!

So, straight after my last blog update, I went head on into 2 weeks on a Christian youth camp, which was international. It is something I do every year, and it is my favourite time of the entire year and probably what the rest of my year is geared around! This year, it wasn't as good as previous years in some ways, for instance a lot of friends from last year didn't come back this time, and I didn't socialise as much as other years. However, it was the best year so far in spiritual terms, and I grew so much closer to God which is amazing!

Anyway, I shared a room with 4 of my favourite girls in the world, and got to see old friends, and make new ones, particularly from Northern Ireland! We also befriended some Germans (because what's a holiday without doing that!) which made me realise how sad I am I gave up German at school a year ago, and I am trying, quite pathetically, to pick it up again now. The following picture shows me and my friends with the Germans at a bonfire night on the camp:



And the next one of old friends who mean a lot to me as well:


The two weeks were jam packed with activities and crazy times, just to mention a few:

  • Taking double, triple, and I think quadruple shots of pure concentrate Robinson's summer fruit at the dinner table
  • A game in the dark running through fields with a flag painted on my face, avoiding being caught by the 'baddies'
  • A live concert from an up and coming New Zealand musician
  • Visit to Manchester and Nando's! And of course shopping!!
  • Scottish dancing again! 
  • Watching the Olympic opening ceremony in a tent filled with French, Germans, Spanish etc.
  • Completing a decathlon with my beautiful room mates... which we never found out the results too but we are fairly sure we came 1st!! ;)
  • Getting up at 7:30 am to go swimming!!
  • Visit to Blackpool and getting my ear cartilage pierced :)
  • Winning an unauction full of crazy tasks such as drinking coke through a sock!!



So yeah, they were an amazing two weeks! It was hard to say goodbye to a lot of people and to come home, but I am looking forward to a missions trip to Romania, then a family holiday to France towards the end of summer. Oh, and also dreading my theory driving test next week! That's all folks.







No comments:

Post a Comment