So I haven’t blogged for about a week, because life was
boring for a little while, then it got really interesting so I had too much of
a life. I haven’t even used my laptop in about 5 days, which is some sort of a
breakthrough in my terms. The last few days have held some bizarre happenings,
as the title suggests, proven by the crucially embarrassing positions I have
fallen asleep in on the bus for the last 3 days, I am just that tired. Thursday
was a mediocre day, nothing exciting or new. Friday showed improvement in the
shape of cake baking with friends, then celebrating Andrea’s birthday with said
cake, and seeing old friends from Northern Ireland, Germany etc. Fun times
indeed. However, things only got better as Saturday dawned, with the arrival of
another friend, this time a complete surprise, from Manchester. The evening was
a great one, as I was introduced to the card game Wizard which I still don’t
understand how to play, but managed to win in partnership with Marco, the good
old competitive German that probably should take all the credit for the win...
Anyhow, after this I watched the film Resident Evil (don’t ask me which one)
with a group of friends. This is another kind of breakthrough for me, as I am a
complete wimp when it comes to scary films, but this was zombies who are just
amusing, so all was good and I braved the suspense till 1:30 am.
Sunday was possibly one of the most dragged out days in a
long time! I spent the whole day either sleeping or watching movies, with a
roast thrown in for dinner! One of the movies was in fact in German, with no
English subtitles, and due to my excellent lack of fluency in German, I understood
nothing, and fell asleep. Then of course, Spain won the football and I went
home caring less than I did beforehand, and hit the sack hard. Monday, however,
held a candle to the whole weekend. Of course I had school, and that was boring
and pointless as usual, but in the evening I got all dressed up (this is
happening so unusually often of late!?) and went to a fake wedding! An American
girl marrying a Spanish prince, pushed down the aisle to Bruno Mars – Marry You,
on a food trolley. The sermon given by
my good friend Zachary, who is an un-legislated pastor at the age of 16, gave a
hilarious sermon on the failure of marriage, rounding it off with ‘’you may now
high-five the bride!’’. It was a surreal but highly enjoyable night, and it ended
with a stunning wedding cake and dancing to Call Me Maybe, before being told to
turn the music down. Again, I went home completely shattered at about 12am,
willingly ready to get up at 6am for school...!
Tuesday was a mixed emotion day, with a two hour talk about
death by dangerous driving for young people, including graphic videos and
gruesome facts, leaving me sat on a bus strapped in by seatbelt, which is a
first in the 7 years I have been getting it to school. The evening held nothing
more exciting than grooving around to some funky tunes in a coffee shop with some
Germans, American etc; the usual thing for an evening, so that was pretty cool.
Today is Wednesday, 4th July and I have been all political in respect
of the few Americans here I still know, and wore a New York City shirt, and
American flag underwear. And watched Andrea make an occasion themed cake, if
that counts. Ironically, this evening I went to a Ceilidh; typical
Scottish dancing and probably furthest thing from the moves of young Americans
today I am fairly sure, but something I adore doing and therefore was very
excited about. I danced a lot, sweated a lot more, and had a lovely time dancing with Northern Irish and German friends, especially being made to lead the Cha Cha slide dance as usual (with accompaniment of Jedge)!For now, that it all. Over and out Amigos.
Oh, and Happy Independence Day!


No comments:
Post a Comment